March 19, 2020
Wessex Fleet Updates
UPDATE: As of 01/04/2020 we will have a reduced number of staff working from home and the office has been closed to ensure the safety of our staff and customers. Please note that with a reduced workforce it may take us slightly longer than usual to respond to email queries and we apologise for any inconvenience caused by this.
In light of recent news Wessex Fleet would like to provide our customers with an update on our position during the Covid-19 outbreak.
Firstly, we would like to reassure our customers that our priority is to keep them safe from unnecessary risk whilst we continue to deliver a consistent and effective service to them.
Actions Taken Within Wessex Fleet:
We have taken several continuity measures to safeguard our employees’ health and livelihoods as well as the health and safety of our customers.
We are fortunate enough that we have been able to separate our business into three offices, with all departments split across the three different locations. This ensures that should one member of a team be taken ill the rest of the team will not be compromised and the business can continue to help you.
In addition to this we have also implemented:
- Travel restrictions to customer and suppliers
- Strict processes for returning travellers
- Offsite working for members of staff where possible
- No offsite visits for our employees
- No visitors permitted on the premises
Our directors will continue to monitor the situation, as it changes daily, to determine appropriate measures to be taken during the outbreak.
Servicing / Maintenance / Rentals:
To further minimise the risk of infection we recommend the following measures are taken by any driver who visits a rental branch or garage:
- Wash hands with soap and water (for a minimum of 20 seconds) upon arrival and use hand sanitiser gels where handwashing facilities are not available.
- All rental branches and garages will be taking measures to sanitise vehicles in their care and we ask that drivers make every effort to wipe the main contact areas with a sanitiser, these areas include the steering wheel, gearstick, switches, seatbelt, sun visor and handles, inside and outside.
- Cover any cough or sneeze with a tissue then throw the tissue away – Catch it, bin it, kill it!
Please avoid visiting any rental branches or garages if you feel unwell or any of the below applies:
- In the last 14 days you have visited: Italy, Iran, China, South Korea, Cambodia, Hong Kong, Japan, Laos, Macau, Malaysia, Myanmar, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand or Vietnam
- If you have been in contact with someone who has recently travelled to one of those countries
- You have been in contact with someone showing any symptoms of the Coronavirus
We realise that the situation remains dynamic and will continue to provide updates as we learn more, but we are confident in our preparation and contingency planning.
Please be assured that Wessex Fleet will continue to be there to support the needs of you, your business and employees throughout this challenging time.
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to get in touch with us on 01722322888.
Finally, we would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your valued support as always but especially during these unprecedented times.